Here’s an easy, nutritious, filling recipe for Greek Chicken Tacos using fresh ingredients. Perfect for a weeknight meal.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-2” cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup diced cucumber
- 1 tbsp. sliced pepperoncini
- 1-2 tbsp. sliced Kalamata olives
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup crumpled low fat feta cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Light Greek vinaigrette
- 4- 8inch tortillas or pita bread
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- Measure out Olive oil. Zest and juice lemon and add both to olive oil along with garlic and salt. Stir.
- Place chicken in a zipper seal bag and pour olive oil marinade in. Seal and stir to coat before placing in fridge for at least 30 minutes, or up to 12 hours.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat, add chicken and cook, sprinkle with fresh ground pepper. Turn at least once, until browned on both sides. This will take anywhere from 10-15 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, Combine the onion, cucumber, pepperoncini, olives, tomatoes, basil, cilantro, feta, and vinaigrette in a bowl. Refrigerate while chicken is cooking.
- Remove chicken to plate once it is done. Place one tortillas or pita bread on a plate.
- Lay two Romaine leaves on top of the tortilla. Top lettuce with the tomato salad mixture and top that with diced chicken.
- Divide evenly between 4 plates.
Serve immediately. Makes about 4 tacos. 302 calories per taco, 24.9g carbs, 11.2 g. fat, 24.1 g protein