Southwestern Summer Salad
This is my favorite salad! Protein packed along with fresh and juicy ingredients. This Salad is a meal all by itself. You have lean protein, vitamins, minerals, healthy fats, spices, and citrus! What’s not to love?
Ingredients for dressing:
- ½ cup lime juice
- 4 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 tablespoon chopped cilantro
Combine all ingredients in a tightly sealed jar. Shake until well combined.
Ingredients for salad:
- 2-3 cups diced cooked chicken breast
- 1-15oz can black beans, rinsed
- 4 large Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 diced red onion
- 4 cups diced romaine
- 1/2 cup low fat feta cheese
- 1 large avocado diced
Mix together in a large bowl and toss with above dressing.