Looking for an easy weeknight meal with whole grain complex carbohydrates, lean protein, and bright colorful veggies? This tasty dish is easy to put together and is so colorful and full of flavor!
- 2 cups brown rice
- 4-5 cups water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 tsp. Chinese-style 5 spice
- 2 Tablespoons minced dried onion
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 – 16oz. bag frozen Mukimame
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon (more or less to taste) Sriracha Hot chili sauce
- 1 Tablespoon (more or less to taste) Tamari soy sauce
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
Cook brown rice in water, salt and oil according to package directions.
In a medium skillet, brown the ground turkey with the onions and garlic. While browning, add the Chinese-style 5-spice. Once browned, drain any excess liquid.
While the turkey is browning, cook the Mukimame in the microwave for 5 minutes in it’s bag (follow package directions). Once cooked, add the Mukimame and remaining ingredients: bell pepper, cilantro, Sriracha, Tamari soy sauce, sesame seeds and sesame oil to the browned turkey. Stir until all ingredients are combined and warm. server over rice with additional Tamari if desired.